Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Note to hockey fans:

Personally, I'd think the carotid would be worse than the jugular, since it's an artery, not a vein - and so the blood is under pressure. But I work in advertising, so what do I know?

I do know that Matty mentioned that the surgeon who did the operation said that the carotid was just milimeters away from being severed completely, which would have been REALLY bad, because it would have rolled up into his neck and been much more difficult to reattach.

From my layman's perspective, I was very impressed by the rapid response of the trainers and the way they got him to the hospital so quickly -- we watched the local broadcast on YouTube (morbid, no?) and unless it was edited, it was mere minutes after he was taken off the ice that they came on the PA and annouced he was at the hospital in stable condition.

Dr. Nick - what could they have done in the meantime to stop the bleeding / keep him alive on the way there?

Beep Beep

No comments: